Armed Forces Personnel and Veterans
What Sunny Meed has done and is doing to help improve the health of our veterans:
- Appointed a champion for veteran’s health – Dr Sara Gil Rivas.
- Highlighted the coding of veterans in medical records to improve identification during consultations and have implemented the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Run surgery campaigns to increase recognition of veterans.
- Ensured that veterans that require referral are highlighted to hospital services in letters.
- Provided accessible and flexible appointments that can be booked online, on the phone or in the surgery at all times of the day.
- A veteran’s questionnaire will be handed out to veterans to try and get their views on the surgery and identify their specific needs.
- Trained all staff about the Armed Forces Covenant and ensured that they are aware of signposting to specific support organisations.
- Improved our website links to meet the specific needs of veterans registered.
- Offer a 10% reduction for all non – NHS charges