All practice nurses carry out a range of general surgery nursing duties. These include:
- Diabetes clinic
- Asthma clinic – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an annual review of your asthma symptoms please complete our online Asthma Review form
- Coronary heart disease clinic
- Health information and advice including NHS health checks
- Helping all the doctors with minor surgery
- Cervical smears
- Dressing of wounds and removal of stitches
- Ear syringing currently not offered but microsuction referrals made to WCH
- Infant and adult immunisation
- Travel advice and vaccinations
- Family planning – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a contraceptive pill review please complete our online Contraceptive Pill Review form
- Well man/woman
- INR monitoring (near patient testing)
- Smoking cessation – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a smoking review on a regular basis please complete our online Smoking Review form
Sister Donna Raeside – Female
An experienced practice nurse undertaking all aspects of nursing care including chronic disease management.
Sister Laura Donaldson – Female
An experienced practice nurse who undertakes all aspects of primary care nursing including chronic disease management.
She is currently on maternity leave.
Sister Michelle Wehbe – Female
Holly – Female
A health care assistant with a degree in nutrition and offers: phlebotomy, smoking cessation counselling, new patient and NHS health checks and investigations eg ECG, spirometry, INR testing. She is also able to fully support and counsel patients wishing to lose weight and advise on nutritional aspects of healthcare.
She is available Tuesday and Friday.
Andrew – Male
A health care assistant offering full treatment room services.